Quick random notes:
It was my very first podcast episode, which means a terrifically amusing learning curve as far as the editing process ... and lots of captions added for the things I forgot ( LIKE MY NAME! Gah ) .... and some nerves and not nearly enough tea drank, because my throat was getting scratchy by the end. I'm also going to figure out a better backdrop and lighting next time. However, I actually had a blast filming this episode, and I can't wait to hear what you think and connect with more writers and knitters and geeks and crafty people! So please come say hi. =D
* The next section of the shownotes contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase one of these books or movies through the links provided, I may receive a small fee. I give you my heartfelt promise, however, I only offer affiliate links for things I truly love! Find out more here.
Books and Movies mentioned:
- Mother-Daughter Book Club series, by Heather Vogel Frederick
- Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown, by Maud Hart Lovelace
- The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet, by Kate Rorick and Rachel Kiley
- Organizing From the Inside-Out for Teens, by Julie Morgenstern and Jessi Morgenstern-Colón
- SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life, by Julie Morgenstern
- You've Got Mail (with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks)
Knitting Projects, in progress:
Manly socks (no specific pattern, but using a guideline from Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks, with a twisted 2x2 rib). Diamond Luxury Collection, Pure Wool Superwash, worsted weight, in colourways 915 (the dark grey) and 929 (the purple). Knitting magic loop on 3.75 mm 40" Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Sweet and spicy socks (64 stitches, using the Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern, but with a 1x1 twisted rib, no patterned stitches, and an Eye of Partridge heel ... ... ... ... ... but at least I'm going to use the toe from the Hermione pattern!). Opal Sweet & Spicy, sock weight, in the Chilli colourway. Knitting magic loop on 2.5 mm 40" Addi Sock Rockets.
Proper Hermione's Everyday Socks, aka my first socks (Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern, with a 1x1 twisted rib, and an Eye of Partridge heel). Opal Gallery, sock weight, in the Tanz Der Farben colourway. Knitting magic loop on 2.5 mm 32" Knitter's Pride Karbonz.
Axel Mitts (Axel Fingerless Mitts pattern, Twisted German cast-on, twisted rib). Can't find the yarn label (!!!) but it's a bulky yarn. Knitting magic loop on 5.5 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Cupcake Mittlets (Cupcake Mittlets). Lana Gatto Wool Gatto, DK weight, in the Wedgewood colourway. Knitting magic loop on 3.5 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Susie Mitts (Susie Rogers' Reading Mitts, minus the picot edging). Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label, aran weight, Shadow colourway. Knitting magic loop on 3.75 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Knitting Projects, finished or practically finished:
Manly Rikke hat (Rikke Hat, with 7 inches, not 9, knit from the edge before decreases). Mineville Wool Project, DK weight, in the purple colourway. Knitted on 3.5 mm and 4.5 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Bluebird of Happiness (Bluebird of Happiness). Madeline Tosh Merino, worsted weight, in the Cobalt colourway (I believe - will doublecheck!). Knitted magic loop on 3.5 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
The "Guess How Much I Love You" Holiday Mouse (Holiday Mice). Caron Simply Soft, worsted weight, in a grey colourway, and Madeline Tosh Merino, worsted weight, in the Cobalt colourway for the hood. Knitted magic loop on 4 mm Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
- Lana Grossa Magdalena Neuner - super bulky (will find out the colourway!)
- Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts, 80% Superwash Merino - sock weight, in the West Coast Waterfall colourway
Plaid half-circle skirt, based off Annika's tutorial