Quick random notes:
Episode 2! Yay! I've worked out the sound issues from last time, and the lighting was a lot better, aaaand I have a new backdrop. We're making progress! And I remembered to introduce myself this time. This time around, we talked about childhood visits to libraries, the magic of reading, getting swept away in a book, and I also introduced you to a super secret knitting project ...
* The next section of the shownotes contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase one of these books or movies through the links provided, I may receive a small fee. I give you my heartfelt promise, however, I only offer affiliate links for things I truly love! Find out more here.
- Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown, by Maud Hart Lovelace *
- Same Difference, by Siobhan Vivian *
- These are the Moments, by Jenny Bravo *
- The Only Pirate at the Party, by Lindsey Stirling and Brooke Passey
Knitting Projects, in progress:
Sweet and spicy socks (64 stitches, using the Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern, but with a 1x1 twisted rib, no patterned stitches, and an Eye of Partridge heel). Opal Sweet & Spicy, sock weight, in the Chilli colourway. Knitting magic loop on 2.5 mm 40" Addi Sock Rockets.
Proper Hermione's Everyday Socks (Hermione's Everyday Sock pattern, with a 1x1 twisted rib, and an Eye of Partridge heel). Opal Gallery, sock weight, in the Tanz Der Farben colourway. Knitting magic loop on 2.5 mm 32" Knitter's Pride Karbonz.
Knitting Projects, finished or practically finished:
Manly socks (using a guideline from Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks). Diamond Luxury Collection, Pure Wool Superwash, worsted weight, in colourways 915 (the dark grey) and 929 (the purple). Knitted magic loop on 3.75 mm 40" Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeables.
Reversible Sock Knitting Project Bag Tutorial
Blue Pacific Fabrics
- Lolo Did It Everyday Sock - sock weight, in the Ice Ice Baby colourway - I also bought some beautiful stitch markers from her shop